Bridge Referrals has joined a network of over 4,000 businesses and 800 communities across the UK all working towards the same goal—to cut out single use plastic.
Across the UK, independent businesses are rethinking their impact and removing avoidable, single-use plastic.
Look how far Bridge Referrals has come on its plastic free journey…
We have been awarded the Silver Plastic Free Business award by Surfers Against Sewage. This award recognises companies that have made a significant contribution to reducing single-use plastic within their business.
What have we put in place to reduce avoidable single use plastic?
- A company ban on single use drinks bottles
- Glass bottle milk delivery
- Choosing suppliers/manufacturers that avoid plastic packaging and wrapping
- Set up a re-fill station for cleaning products from bulk drums. These drums will be sent back to the manufacturer to be refilled.
- A company ban on disposable plastic bags, replaced with paper bags
- Water drinks fountains to allow staff and clients to re-fill water bottles
but we are not stopping there… we are already ‘going for gold!’
At Bridge Referrals we are dedicated to reducing our impact on the millions of tonnes of plastic pollution that enters our seas every year.
Plastic pollution is also linked to the climate crisis. 90% of plastics are produced from new oil and gas and the production of one tonne of plastic generates up to 2.5 tonnes of carbon dioxide.
Follow our plastic free journey…