Our internal medicine department is highly experienced and we are proud to offer a range of diagnostic and therapeutic services. These include and are not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Tracheobronchoscopy including airway sampling
- Rhinoscopic examination
- Urethrocystoscopy, vaginoscopy and placement of low profile cystostomy tubes
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Foreign body retrieval
- Placement of various feeding tubes from oesophageal to percutaneous gastrostomy tubes.
- Balloon dilation of oesophageal strictures
Our team members have extensive experience in managing the more complex cases that are presented to us. This can include a wide array of specialised blood and tissue sample collection including bone marrow sampling. Cases that we would more commonly see include:
- Excessive thirst and urination (polydipsia and polyuria)
- Liver disease and portosystemic shunts
- Kidney disease
- Gastrointestinal conditions such as chronic diarrhoea, vomiting and regurgitation.
- Weakness and collapse
- Immune-mediated disease such as haemolytic anaemia
- Infectious disease including feline infectious peritonitis virus.
- Weight loss
- Coughing and sneezing investigations
- Haematological disease e.g. Anaemia and leukaemia
- Cancer (see oncology service)
Our internal medicine service benefits from access to state of the art ultrasound facilities, Computed tomography (CT) with multi-phase capability, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and radiography.
We are more than happy to discuss a case with referring veterinary surgeons. If you are an owner who feels they would like to look into referring their pet, then please discuss the process with your referring veterinary surgeon.